Wednesday, October 14, 2009

20 years ago today... What were you doing?

Me? I was getting married to a wonderful gift of a man! On that day, my heart was so full of love for this man, I thought it would burst!! If you told me then that it was possible for me to love him more, I probably wouldn't have believed you. But my oh my, I love him more each and every day!
Yes, there have been a few storms along the way. But only a few, like able to count them on one hand few. We have tried very hard not to go to bed angry with each other.
What's our secret you ask? There has always been three in our marriage. I know that sounds like an open marriage, but oh no ours is definitely a closed monogamous marriage. The third, is Jesus! He's our center! Yes, we've strayed from Him from time to time as a couple, but HE has always been there! And we have always found our way back to Him.
I'm certain that we are not going to suffer from "empty nest syndrome". I think we're going to have "failure to launch"!! I love my children very much. I know that my job will never be "done" with them. I am looking forward to the next step in their lives as well as the one in ours as a couple. Andy was a result of a successful honeymoon! Tabi was a gift 16 months later! So, it feels that we have always had kids and weren't a couple. Know what I mean?
I thank the Lord for the 20 years that I have had with my gift of a husband and I am looking forward to the years that He has in store for us!
I love you, Mike, forever and a day! Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment