Friday, October 30, 2009

Be careful with advice given

i called a friend this week to visit with them about something that was on my heart. If you want to know the who and the what, too bad! Anyway, i visited with this friend for a while and gave friend some advice. Well, guess what?? i have had to take my own advice!! i'm glad that my advice was sweet. i don't like sour stuff.
The difference between sweet advice and sour advice is how it is given. The adviser has no control over how the advice will be received. But total control of how it is given. If i had given it without consulting my heavenly Shepherd first.... i know it would have been sour when it was my turn to be the advisee.
Prayer is a powerful thing.
i've heard that all my life. i've experienced the powerfulness of answered and unanswered prayers! That's for a different day though.
Today's point is to be careful when you give advice. Give it only after you have consulted with the Great Adviser. i promise you, you will have to receive said advice yourself sometime in the future.
Living each day like it will be my last, DA

No comments:

Post a Comment