Thursday, November 5, 2009

Coffee!!

Good Morning! i haven't been a coffee drinker until the past two years. i've always liked the smell of it, but not the taste. No matter how much sugar or creamer, i just didn't like the taste. A friend of mine gave me a piece of chocolate with a coffee filled center. OH MAN!! Was it delicious!! i have been hooked since! At first, i was only allowed one cup a morning by my family. Let's just say i gave them a run for their money with my motor mouth! Now, i can usually handle two in the mornings and maybe one after 3 pm as a pick me up! Also, we have one or two samples hidden in the freezer for "I forgot we were THAT low on coffee!!" emergencies. My family says i'm a grouch if i don't have at least one cup of coffee in the mornings now.
It hit me this morning.... Coffee is like reading the Bible. (i know but that is how my brain works!) i've always liked the Bible stories i heard when growing up. i just didn't like sitting reading it for myself. i have not ever read the Bible completely from Genesis to Revelation! i started a year and a half ago on that project! i'm on Matthew now! It's like, "WOW THAT'S IN THE BIBLE?!" i can't start my day without digging in His WORD! My whole day is off if i don't!
So find time in your day to have a cup of coffee, tea, soda, whatever and at least a chapter or two from the Bible! When i'm reading my Bible, i imagine that i'm having a cup of coffee with my Abba! It's a great way to get connected or stay connected with Him!
Trying to live each day like it's my last, DA

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy! So true. I'm working on reading more. And I've only been a coffee drinker for 2 years, too--since we came to Fuel because of Shane's great brew he made on our camping trip! How funny! :)

    ReplyDelete