Wednesday, June 18, 2014

24 years ago today

Today is my son's 24th birthday. As i remember through the years, my heart swells with pride for God blessing me with this little bundle. It was the Monday after Father's Day i felt a good contraction. Because he was breech, we knew he would be born by C-section. So it was "time" to go welcome our little man into the world. Family and friends had gathered at my mom-in-law's house for a surprise baby shower. Yep, we never made it. We went to the hospital instead. I don't remember much of the events really. Drugs, given correctly, can be wonderful. I do remember wanting to watch the  procedure but couldn't, Mike did. There were a few moments that Andy wasn't breathing, but God made him holler. 
Andrew Michael Wilson was here! i thank God for loaning Andy to his daddy and me. We weren't the best of parents but we did our best. There were a few trips to the ER and a few almost trips. i could tell lots of stories but i think that'll wait. We liked to have lost Andy a few days after his high school graduation due to a truck met river incedent. But God wasn't ready for him just yet. i know God has something special in store for my young man or he wouldn't still be here. My son has grown into a wonderful young man. He has a family of his own and a good job. He's learning like his daddy and i had to but he's trying. My prayer for my son today is that he keeps on keeping on. No, it won't be easy but with God on his side, he can do it. Happy Birthday, Andrew! i love you, Mom

1 comment: