Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Sparrow

Today while walking to the bike after stopping at a local store, i spotted a small sparrow on the ground in this huge parking lot. At first, i thought it was dead because of some reddish stuff beside it. But as we approached the little bird, it started to try to fly away. It's foot was stuck in the reddish stuff, candy. i handed my bag to my hubby and squatted to scoop up the little bird. My past experience made me scoop while preparing to be bitten. But not this time. i cleaned the candy off it's foot as best i could with nothing but my hand and got some of the candy off it's beak also. i opened my hand to just let it go when it was ready to go. A few seconds at most. 

The reason for that moment for me is that my Abba does the same for me. When i get stuck in the "candy" of life, He scoops me up to help me out. The candy can be anything in life. My "candy" at this moment in my life: my feelings had been hurt by something innocently "said". i so wanted to listen to the mean voice in my head and retort something ugly! But He scooped me in His hands and cleaned off the "candy". Yes, my feelings are still hurt and they'll mend in time. If i had listened to the mean voice, others' feelings would have been hurt. Misery loves company type thing, ya know!
But my Abba took care of my "candy" and soothed my hurt feelings before i could. i'm thankful that He loves me that much!
trying to live each day like it's my last,,,,,,DA

No comments:

Post a Comment